The consequences of being found guilty include, most importantly, a criminal conviction for the offence for which you were found guilty. There are additional consequences that are both financial and liberty related. For example:
- You will have a permanent criminal record that will affect future employment prospects;
- You may lose your employment if you are required to have a valid driver’s license;
- You will lose your driver’s license for at least one year;
- You will have to undergo an assessment program with the Ministry of Transportation if you are to regain your license at the expiry of the driving prohibition period;
- You will experience a significant increase in your automobile insurance premiums or you may not get insured;
- Your travel may be limited, since other countries such as the United States, can prevent entry if an individual has a criminal record;
- Your immigration status may change.
For detailed no-charge 30 minute consultation with a lawyer, please contact our office.