× Home Our Services   About Us   Recent Successes Testimonials News And Videos   Contact Us 中文
Contact Our Firm

Former Hamiltonian faces sexual assault charges from 70s

Book Your Free Consultation

The criminal justice system can be daunting, but you don’t need to go through it alone. Our Criminal lawyers are here to guide you every step of the way.

Contact Our Firm


The past does not always stay in the past. Sometimes, events alleged to have transpired years or even decades before can be reported and acted upon by authorities. A one-time eastern Ontario resident has been returned to his former hometown because of accusations of sexual assault dating back more than 40 years.

On Oct. 27, 2016, police arrested a 71-year-old man living in Manitoba. On Nov. 2, he was brought to Hamilton where he now faces allegations of having committed sex crimes in the 1970s. He is alleged to have assaulted a young boy and a girl in Dundas, Ontario, at some time between 1975 and 1979.

The incidents were reported in Feb. 2016 by a man claiming to be a victim. During the investigation, the police learned about the alleged assault on the female victim. At the time, the accused was a caregiver for the two children, who were his neighbours. Having been an active volunteer in the Dundas community until 2010, he may have assaulted other victims, police fear. The investigation is ongoing, but in the meantime, the accused has been charged with two counts of indecent sexual assault.

Sexual assault is a disturbing crime, and allegations of such behaviour are not to be taken lightly. Men and woman accused of such a crime, no matter how long ago, need to put together a strong defence in order to minimize the impact of the charges. A defence lawyer knowledgeable in Ontario criminal law may be able to help formulate an effective strategy and provide the accused his or her best chance in court.

Source: The Spec, “Manitoba man, 71, returns to Hamilton to face sex assault charges on children in the 1970s“, Nov. 4, 2016

Leave a Reply


PHONE: (416) 364-3111
FAX: (416) 364-3271