× Home Our Services   About Us   Recent Successes Testimonials News And Videos   Contact Us 中文
Contact Our Firm

Toronto man arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

Book Your Free Consultation

The criminal justice system can be daunting, but you don’t need to go through it alone. Our Criminal lawyers are here to guide you every step of the way.

Contact Our Firm


A man from Toronto is suspected of driving drunk and crashing a stolen vehicle into a tree. He is now facing a variety of charges, including charges for impaired driving.

Police responded to a call from a resident who was concerned that there was a possible drunk driver in the neighborhood. Orillia Ontario Provincial Police officers located the suspected driver by Mississaga Street and saw him run through a red light. They then turned on their lights and followed the driver who did not pull over, reports Orillia Today. Finally, the driver crashed into a tree at the Mississaga Street and Barrie Road intersection.

Police say that the man who crashed into the tree provided them with a false identity and was not compliant with the arrest. He now faces charges that include impaired operation of a motor vehicle, possession of stolen property, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight and probation violation. A female passenger who was with him is being charged with possession of stolen property obtained by crime, obstructing or resisting a peace officer, and failing to comply with an undertaking or recognizance.

Individuals who face criminal charges may be confronted with serious long-term consequences, including serving jail time, having to pay large fines and being placed on probation. Individuals who are in this situation may seek assistance from a Toronto criminal defence lawyer. A lawyer may be able to help a defendant avoid a jail sentence or may be able to get a shorter jail sentence for his or her client through a plea agreement.

Orillia Today, “Alleged impaired driver hits tree,” Frank Matys, 8 April 2013

Leave a Reply


PHONE: (416) 364-3111
FAX: (416) 364-3271